As the Dead Sea evaporates year after year (it’s not connected to any other body of water), the salt and minerals which are already present in extremely high amounts get absorbed into the mud at the bottom of the sea. This mud is then extracted and packaged, with all the impurities removed. The minerals which are present in the mud are all natural minerals which your skin needs every day. By using Dead Sea mud, or a mud mask, you are basically feeding your skin these essential minerals. Minerals such as potassium, magnesium, sodium, bromine and calcium are all needed by your skin to help maintain the right moisture levels and hydration.
Here’s a breakdown of what Dead Sea mud can do for you:
- Improves blood circulation and natural skin generation.
- Fine mud grains cleanse the skin and remove any dirt, impurities and toxins.
- Provides effective relief for skin disorders such as psoriasis, eczema, acne and wrinkles.
- Moisturizes your skin and helps natural skin hydration
- Gently peels away dead skin cells to reveal more youthful, healthier skin layer